CHRIS TOMLIN: HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD - THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION
As one of the most-sung artists in the church, Chris Tomlin writes music that connects people to the heart of Jesus and leads them to a greater worship of him. After six studio albums and numerous appearances on Passion live worship albums, Chris releases his first-ever greatest hits collection on Nov. 15th with How Great Is Our God: The Essential Collection. Of the 14 songs on the album, 3 are all-new recordings of classic Tomlin worship songs. Included is a new recording of the #1 song "How Great Is Our God", which features guest appearances from renowned international worship leaders, singing parts of the song in their native language.
About Chris Tomlin:
With ten No. 1 Christian radio singles, three GRAMMY nominations, two Billboard Music Awards, 16 Dove Awards, one platinum and two gold albums to his credit, Chris Tomlin is among the most well known and influential artists in contemporary Christian music. Referred to by Time Magazine as “the most often sung artist anywhere,” Tomlin additionally has 19 Top 100 CCLI songs with 7 in the Top 25. ASCAP’s 2007 Songwriter of the Year, Tomlin’s “How Great Is Our God” was his first No. 1 on the CCLI Top 25. The award-winning song moved to No. 1 after becoming one of the fasting rising modern day hymns in CCLI chart history. His current #1 single “I Lift My Hands” has topped the National Christian Audience chart, and the recent #1 single “Our God” spent 9 weeks at #1 on the Christian AC Monitored chart. Tomlin continues to tour many dates every year and plays regularly at Passion Conferences in the States and worldwide.
All the tracks on this album has received extensive airplay in South Africa, with most still being played regularly
· Chris Tomlin’s first ever Greatest Hits collection
· Millions of people sing Chris’s song in church every Sunday
· Features 14 of Chris’s most popular songs, including "How Great Is Our God", "Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)" and "Jesus Messiah"
· Features 3 all-new recordings, including a new international version of "How Great Is Our God" featuring worship leaders from around the world singing in their native language
· 8 of these songs are Top 10 radio hits, and 10 are in the Top 50 most song songs in the church (based on CCLI chart from Aug. 2011)
· Chris Tomlin's album sales are over 3.6 million albums
Will appeal to fans of Chris Tomlin, Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Matt Redman