CROWDER: NEON STEEPLE EXTRAVAGANZA
Following the success of Neon Steeple, including a Dove Award & the top charting radio singles “I Am,” “Come As You Are,” and “Lift Your Head Weary Sinner (Chains),” Crowder is releasing an expanded edition of Neon Steeple with a bonus disc of live audio recorded in Atlanta, GA earlier in 2015. Neon Steeple, Crowder’s first release as a solo artist, introduced the world to a new genre of music known as “folktronica,” or a mixture of acoustic sounds and electronic beats. Crowder will also be hitting road with Winterjam Tour this winter/spring hitting 40+ cities with an estimated 8,000-10,000 attendance per night.
Crowder has been embraced for his lyrically powerful and musically elaborate and unpredictable songs that have found themselves being sung everywhere from churches to clubs all across the country. In November 2012, Crowder released his first solo project, Crowder: iTunes® Session which delivered nine stripped down organic tracks to many of Crowder’s most loved originals. As part of the David Crowder*Band, they were named one of the “most thoughtful, progressive and exciting acts in contemporary Christian music” by The New York Times, garnering nine Dove Awards, 22 Dove nominations and two GRAMMY® nominations. The band released their final collection of new music with the GRAMMY® nominated project, Give Us Rest (A Requiem Mass in C [The Happiest of All Keys]). The record entered the Billboard 200 chart at No. 2 and gave the band their highest debut in their 12-year career. Continuing to perform as part of the Passion movement, participating in university student gatherings in the US and around the world, Crowder has also penned two books including his acclaimed release, “Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven, but Nobody Wants to Die.” Crowder's solo album debut, Neon Steeple, is available now.
· Neon Steeple Expanded Edition: 2 disc set: Neon Steeple + 7 live tracks
· Career-best radio success with 3 Top-charting songs – his first AC #1 with "Come As You Are," "I AM" peaked at #2, and "Lift Your Head Weary Sinner (Chains)" currently at #14 on National Christian Audience Chart (5M audience) and #4 at HOTAC
· Neon Steeple debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Christian & Gospel Chart, selling over 22k units with over 200k units to date
· Full CD to be sampled to key radio partners
· Live tracks (Disc 2) to be sampled to participating SA radio (+ 2 million listeners)
Will appeal to fans of David Crowder*Band, Passion, Chris Tomlin, Hillsong United