ERICA CAMPBELL: HELP
Help is the debut studio album by Mary Mary recording artist Erica Campbell without her sister Tina Campbell. The album debuted at number 1 on the US Billboard Gospel Albums chart and number 6 on the Billboard 200.
Help garnered strong praise from music critics. At Los Angeles Times, Mikael Wood rated the album three out of four stars, stating that on the release "Campbell is always open to more feeling." David Jeffries of AllMusic rated the album three-and-a-half stars out of five, writing that the release "is a return to more traditional themes like prayer, creation, and the struggles of everyday life, while traditional gospel plays more of a role than the usual R&B, thus allowing Erica to show off her vocal talents." At CCM Magazine, Andrew Greer rated the album a perfect five stars, saying that the release "is set to enamor urban music history". Dwayne Lacy of New Release Tuesday rated the album four-and-a-half stars out of five, remarking that the release "was a very good debut offering" on which the production was "nothing short of masterful."
"A Little More Jesus" and "Help (featuring Lecrae)" released to SA radio
· Artist well-known as part of super gospel Mary Mary
· Mary Mary had a huge crossover hit in South Africa with "Shackles"
· Artist to be interviewed on major gospel radio shows in South Africa
· Full album to be serviced to all SABC media libraries
· Artist write-up and review solicited in Drum magazine
· Mary Mary are multiple award nominees and winners. In addition to earning numerous Stellar Music and Dove Awards they have also received 4 Grammy Awards, 3 NAACP Image Awards, 2 American Music Awards, a Soul Train Award and a BET Award. In 2011, Mary Mary received the ASCAP Golden Note Award for their extraordinary songwriting accomplishments.
Will appeal to fans of Mary Mary, modern contemporary gospel music.
Release date: 8 July 2014
Stock code: 099923934028
Genre: Contemporary Gospel
A Little More Jesus
I'm A Fan
The Atkins House
More Than A Lover
All I Need Is You